Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Met a Dog Today

I met a pit bull today who had been hit by two different semi trucks. His spine was fractured, his jaw was wired shut, and he looked like he'd gone through a hay baler backwards. I came across him as he was being taken outside for a (very) brief walk by a vet tech. He lurched right right up to me, a stranger, wagging his tail and nudged my hand to get some petting. When I gingerly petted him he licked my hand as best he could through his wired-shut jaw.

This is why dogs are better than us.

2 Comments:

Blogger Stew Magoo said...

Yep. And to think they worship us.

If you get a sec visit my newest foster's blog deafmoose.blogspot.com

7:38 PM  
Blogger -J. said...

Just had my first visit - catching up with my RSS feeds! I'll add it to my blogroll too.

7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Return to Home Page