Thursday, September 11, 2008

The Next Little Thing?

Glad to see the NY Times giving some love to Tiny Houses - I've been a fan of the Tumbleweed Tiny House Company for a long time and I love, love, love their designs. If they were just a little cheaper...

When I lived in Vegas I had a 1200 sq foot house, which is considered modest by most standards - and I found I didn't use or need half of it. My current apartment is probably about 400sq ft - much better. I'd love to try even smaller if the space was well designed.

4 Comments:

Blogger Hawk said...

THIRTY SEVEN THOUSAND DOLLARS for a 65 sq foot house? That's 569 per sq foot! Beyond insane that's freaking moronic. I don't care if they're the most beautiful thing on four wheels, spending that kind of money for little more than a shed is retarded.

From:
http://www.b4ubuild.com/faq/faq_0002.shtml

"A new house will probably cost between $80 and $200 per square foot..."

A LITTLE cheaper? Dude, that's pricing requires Atrolube...

10:45 PM  
Blogger -J. said...

I'm looking at the 120 sq ft models priced against Airstreams (not houses), which is pretty much a dead heat.

11:06 PM  
Blogger Hawk said...

I wouldn't buy one of those either. $50 grand for a trailer is also insane. Maybe it's just my being poor as hell but I can't imagine spending $50 - $60 grand on a portable home when I know I could, for that money (and I've looked) get a 850 - 1000 sq foot house AND property, not just a shed on wheels that I'd need to pay to park somewhere on top of blowing huge piles of cash on it.

1:26 AM  
Blogger Frosty said...

I just know I'm SO SICK of my teensy apartment in the tenement. I mean, I love what Mike did with it, but what I wouldn't give for an ACTUAL BEDROOM and a REAL BATHROOM. The novelty wore off when the dickwad who owns the building raised my rent.

11:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Return to Home Page