Friday, October 31, 2008

What an odd night

I came home after work to find a plate of freshly baked homemade cinnamon rolls, neatly covered with a plastic bag, at my doorstep. No note, no signature, no clue where they came from. They are, however, delicious.

There are a lot of kids in my neighborhood, so I stocked up on candy at the grocery store this week and left my outside light on. As of 7pm, not a single trick or treater. Now, I do seem to be one of the few employed and not desperately alcoholic people in my apartment building, and I do strongly suspect that one of the nearby houses has something seriously sketchy going on. Or perhaps it's just the Obama sticker on my truck. It's still a little odd, though... I mean, come on, it's free candy.

2 Comments:

Blogger Hawk said...

We had seven kids show up in two vists last night. Last year we had twelve kids. Next year, we're not even going to bother...

Halloween is dead :(

6:12 AM  
Blogger Ride Fast said...

Maybe all the kids read your blog?

Or maybe they knew you ate the cinnamon rolls?

;-p

10:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Return to Home Page