Sunday, April 05, 2009

Shirl Bernheim

The actress Shirley (Shirl) Bernheim passed away on March 29 at the age of 87.

I met Shirl when I was working on The Tale of the Allergist's Wife on Broadway, where she played the foul-mouthed mother, Frieda. She was never afraid to speak her mind, was extremely funny, and had lots of great showbiz stories she loved to tell. She was the main reason I had a great time on that show. Her career spanned many decades and she worked in film, television and theatre. She was a fantastically talented actress and a warmhearted and kind person, and I will miss her.

2 Comments:

Blogger JR said...

That's sad. She was a lot of fun on that show. I enjoyed reading poetry to her over the talk back system to test it before the show.

Some of my favorite times subbing on that show were chatting with her while I wired her up for sound.

She'll be missed.

4:11 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

For more info on a memorial being planned for Shirl, check out her website:
http://www.shirlbernheim.com

6:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Return to Home Page