Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Had such a beautiful moment with Ollie today

Ollie really enjoys himself here in the Bronx. We had a wonderful moment today - even in a neighborhood where pit bulls aren't unusual, some people cross the street when they see you coming. I don't blame them, if I were raised on a steady diet of New York City tabloids... well, I might too.

A woman and her kids were approaching us coming the opposite way down the sidewalk, and I could see her steering away to give herself a wide berth. Ollie, of course, wagged his tail furiously and grinned at the approaching strangers - he loves people. As they were about to pass us her little boy, maybe 6 years old, broke away from his mom, ran up to Ollie, and hugged him by his head. You've never seen a happier boy or a happier pit bull.

No, I'm not advocating that kids go running up to strange dogs on the street and grab them. But he read Ollie's intentions beautifully. So sweet.

6 Comments:

Blogger LittleCyndiLou said...

Beautiful!

1:39 PM  
OpenID RBetz11824 said...

I loved the story about Olllie and the little boy. Very sweet. They are both so innocent. :))

1:52 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

I LOVE IT!

2:08 PM  
Blogger Intvlive said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:45 PM  
Blogger sisteramy said...

this makes me cry, but what doesnt these days. ;) thats my Ollie, change the world boy!

11:35 AM  
Blogger Kelly said...

What a good boy he is! I just knew it! Way to go Oliver!

4:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Return to Home Page