Saturday, January 15, 2011

Au Revoir, Not Goodbye

I've been blogging less and less here as I've become busier and busier - I haven't even looked at Facebook in weeks! It's time to let you all know what I've been up to.



Around the time my Broadway show announced its closing (I typically make my living as a Sound Engineer) I was approached with an interesting proposal. Pets Alive, a rescue I have long been associated with, took over Elmsford Animal Shelter in Elmsford, NY approximately six months ago - it's now known as Pets Alive Westchester. Since the takeover, conditions at the shelter have improved dramatically - there are no more animals living full time in crates (unless recovering from surgery or illness), adoptions are up, the volunteer program is expanding, the lobby is a happy, bustling, busy place, and they are charting a path to financial self-sufficiency. Still, challenges remain - it's a large place with capacity for hundreds of dogs and cats, and restoring it to its full former glory will take some time.

Pets Alive Westchester invited me to join them as Operations Director, a post I'll be officially beginning tomorrow. I've been helping out for some time in a volunteer capacity - and between that, the holidays, and closing my show, it's been a bit busy around here! I will be joining Joy Sarnelli Carson who began a few weeks ago as Executive Director. I am excited to be working with Joy, a very skilled and talented administrator, advocate, and businessperson.

It's going to get busier as I really get into this, and so for the moment I am bidding this blog au revoir - and should it ever return on any sort of regular basis, it will probably be reincarnated someday as one of them fancy newfangled WordPress blogs. Blogger was the hotness when I started this thing in '04 but the world has moved on. It's my hope to add a blog to the Pets Alive Westchester site soon as a place for us to participate in the national conversation on the subject and value of animal welfare.

Please follow my new venture: on Twitter, on Facebook, and on our website. We need your support and your help. I need your support and your help.

Until we meet again.

-J

33 Comments:

Blogger YesBiscuit! said...

Oh OK then. I thought you were just avoiding me.

7:56 AM  
Blogger Noon Patrol said...

Congratulations John! Best of luck! I know you will do great things!!

9:26 AM  
Blogger Valerie Hayes said...

Congratulations John!

9:56 AM  
Blogger Stew Magoo said...

Good on you bud. I hope someday to be able to visit the northeast area. This is, of course, provided that I can somehow fashion a liberal avoidance thought-crime avoidance suit to avoid avoid avoid... aaaaaaaagh!!! It's encroaching through teh interwebs!!! hehehe

Seriously all the best sir. You're a good egg.

11:12 PM  
Blogger jain said...

gee, I just started following you 2 minutes ago, was it something I said?

3:06 PM  
Blogger Srilanka said...

Nice execellent blog. wish you.great. GOd Bless You

If you want models Pics and videos vist(srilanka,india,and united states)
http://worldwidemodels.blogspot.com

10:22 AM  
Blogger raja ubad said...

nice one

7:39 AM  
Blogger shekhar said...

You have a very good site that the main thing a lot of interesting and beautiful!

____________________

DID Doubles
Watch Movie Online

11:42 PM  
Blogger Griya Mobil Kita said...

Nice article, thanks for the information.
rental elf

11:42 PM  
Blogger chad said...

Why are you waiting so long to watch your favorite series? Use this website and Watch TV Shows Online.

11:17 AM  
Blogger Tahir Iqbal said...

Best Nail Art of 2011
Best Ladies Handbags
Most Beautiful Bangles
Best Creative Advertisements
Disturbed Wallpapers
Messi Wallpapers

7:34 AM  
Blogger vijay said...

Yes I like this posting. Life is more important only happy is most favourite one. Thanks for updating this one keep updating I share this blog to my friend. may i know how many year you maintained this blog. Bye..

11:28 AM  
Blogger hafsa said...

Join Chilworld!
very nic work its awsome i like it soo much very nice posts

10:29 AM  
Blogger shah said...

Realy nice work keep it up ,i like it
Regards:
The Best Videos

12:09 PM  
Blogger eglobal fun said...

Well it seems that your entertainment blog is the result of your hardwork and is growing day by day and i wish you best of luck for your future

http://eglobalfun.com

2:32 AM  
Blogger Adam Rich said...

Thank you for an incredible publish and enjoyable opinions. I found this put up while surfing the net for… Crazy Entertainment

11:23 PM  
Blogger sowmya said...

This is a good idea and their will be lots of fun also. I really appreciate your work.
Post your best College stories

10:57 PM  
Blogger FreeBird08 said...

Congratulations for your hardwork and you are earning good in return. You are winning because you have great works and you do good things.
I'm looking for pets ideas for my web design project. Your post is wonderful and might be useful for me. Thumbs up!
Celebrity Booking Agent

7:04 AM  
Blogger Syed Muddassar said...

Dogs are wonderful pets as they say that "dogs are man's bestfriend".
I am so glad that we have something alike on pets, our dog. I care and treat them like a brother at home. I even used my dog's photos for my web design ideas. I am so inspired doing it.
Dance Shoes
Latin dancing shoes

3:35 AM  
Blogger .::Web Master::. said...

If You Want so SEO by Link Exchange Building And Want Exchange Direct Link on the Main Page . So Send the Email To

ApnaChillSEO@GMail.Com

http://www.apnachill.pakwbs.com

3:35 AM  
Blogger kshetrarao said...

Thank you for an Excellent publish and enjoyable opinions. I found this put up while surfing the net for…Telugu Movie Reviews

12:55 AM  
Blogger Admin said...

For songs, wallpapers, trailors and other bollywood and hollywood stuff...please visit... filmiera.KisKut.com

6:39 AM  
Blogger Muna said...

your blog is on of the best blogs.i pass.i have blog which is also containing Entertainment Event.i am delivering every events that counts.

11:51 PM  
Blogger Hafsa said...

conragulation john..

3:25 AM  
Blogger Hafsa said...

it is very nice moments to celebrate
Justchilz

3:26 AM  
Blogger FoOliSh said...

Congrats...

12:34 PM  
Blogger zombierun said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

6:12 AM  
Blogger zombierun said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

6:39 AM  
OpenID brett0812smith said...

To Full Movie Downloads is a best way to get entertainment next to your door feel free to watch your favorite movies and that to free and fully download the movies you like to watch.

10:32 AM  
Blogger john smith said...

To Free Movie Downloads is a best way to get entertainment next to your door watch movies online without any websites charges.

1:25 PM  
Blogger Iftekhar Ahmed said...

I stumbles the post, that are beneficial, and your post is one of them. Neat and clever content, keep it up.
Water Filters
RO Plants
Reverse Osmosis Water Filters

2:27 PM  
Blogger saranya zinavo said...

preferential benefit, moreover the quality is also very good.I come this belstaff outlet wholesale frequently.

website designing company

11:30 PM  
Blogger sinuse jill said...

Sexuality surrounds us all day, every day. From TV advertisements, the clothes we wear, to the people we meet. We grow up being attracted to, and flirting with the opposite sex. It's difficult to turn it all off when you get in a relationship. This often leads to affairs and heartbreak. Which leaves people in unfulfilling relationships, or divorced. GSexuality


http://scamxposer.com/business-review/angela-bussio-reviews/

2:08 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Return to Home Page